Nirali Bhatia is a Psychologist and practising Child & Teenage Counsellor. She uses techniques such as Cognitive Therapy, Metaphor Therapy & Drawing Analysis, which is the art of understanding the client’s subconscious communications through drawings, colours and their imaginations. Besides being a Double Masters in Commerce and Psychology, she is also a Certified Usability Analyst from Human Factors International, USA.
Nirali has a keen interest in Cyber psychology which is the study of the human mind and its behaviour in the online world. She helps children and teenagers understand and fight against Cyber Bullying by way of specialised Anti Bullying Campaigns in schools. Nirali has co-founded an anti-cyber bullying organisation called Cyber B.A.A.P. which stands for Cyber Bullying Awareness, Action and Prevention. She has also helped many people who have been victims of online psychological damages.
As a Usability Consultant, Nirali is also passionate about learning patterns of user's experience and their behaviour in the online world. She has helped organisations build successful online interactions with their users using the principles and core methods of Persuasion, Emotion and Trust (PET).
Nirali is also the Director of V4WEB Technologies Pvt Ltd, a web solutions company.
Areas of Expertise
- Website Usability
- Designing for PET – Persuasion, Emotion & Trust
- ADA & WCAG Website Accessibility
- Section 508 Compliance
- Cyber Psychology
- Online behaviour analysis
- Applied Psychology
- Behavioural Psychology
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy & EFT
- Drawing analysis
- Child and teenage counselling
- Metaphor Therapy
- Career Guidance & testing
- Graphology (for analysis)
- Usability Analyst, HFI (USA)
- Designing for PET, HFI (USA)
- Owner Management Programme (OMP), Bhavan’s SPJIMR
- Metaphor Therapy
- Applied Psychology & Integrated Approaches
- Play Therapy
Press Articles ( - As seen in newspaper | - Link to online article )
- Reclaim your throne |
- Mumbai Mirror - 13th September 2017
- CYBERCRIME Am I Even A Real Victim?
- Legal Era, Page 46, 47 & 48 - September 2017 Edition
- Pandemic in India can become the victim of online suicide game, know how
- Naidunia - 4th August 2017
- He was a happy child, always seen cracking jokes |
- Mid Day - 3rd August 2017
- Parents of minor who jumped to death deny links to 'Blue Whale' challenge |
- DNA, Page 3 - 2nd August 2017
- Andheri teen's leap to death: CM orders probe
- Times of India - 2nd August 2017
- Psychologists put on cyber coats to rescue people caught in a 'web'
- Times Of India, Page 2 - 19th May 2017
- Difference between digital and real personality affecting relationships
- Bombay Times, Page 3 - 24th March 2017
- Bullies find a hiding place on social media
- Hindustan Times - 20th March 2017
- Relationships in digital age
- Bombay Times - 11th March 2017
- Digital Hoarding - When it becomes a problem?
- Bombay Times - 06th March 2017
- Mental pressures and self-harm in young people
- Loksatta – Viva - 3rd June 2016
- What’s your relationship status on Facebook?
- Mumbai Mirror - 18th August 2015
- Should eTextbooks replace Text books? & Improving students classroom engagements through technology
- Invited as a panelist at "TechNext India 2018 - Annual-Academia Conference & Awards" at IIT Powai, Mumbai
- How should investigators deal with victims of online harassment?
- Invited as a Panelist at first ever Cyber Frauds, Investigations and Forensics Conference (Cyber FIF- C) organised by Computer Society of India (CSI) - Mumbai Chapter
- Cyber Bullying & Safety
- Session for children at Abeda Inamdar Jr. College and “S M Choksey College, Pune
- Talk on Highlighting the Indian Scenario of Cyber Bullying at The National Cyber Psychology Conference
- Guest speaker at The National Cyber Psychology Conference held at Welingkar College
- "Cyber Bullying - effects, prevention and intervention strategies"
- Workshop for teachers & staff at Jamnabai Narsee School(JNS) ICSE and Jamnabai Narsee International School (JNIS) IB
30th November 2017
- Psychological Implications & Interventions of Cyber Bullying & other Crimes
- Conducted Training Program over 2 days & 4 batches for about 350 teachers from varous schools of Pune - The next step of "#wefightcc" an initiative by Pune Police.
27-28th November 2017
- Psychological implications and interventions in dealing with CyberCrime
- Panel discussion at Conference on CyberSecurity at Pune, organised by Pune Cyber Police
11th November 2017
- Cyber Safety
- Awareness workshop for students at Arya Vidya Mandir School, Bandra West & East
- Causes & Effects of Social Networking
- Talk for Parents at Arya Vidya Mandir School, Bandra West & East
- Blue Whale Challenge
- Awareness talk for students & parents at MET Rishikul Vidyalaya, Bandra west
- Cyber Bullying - The Rising Threat in the Cyber Space
- Awareness workshop at Arya Vidya Mandir School, Juhu
16th December 2016
- Careers in Psychology
- Talk at Lilavatibai Podar High School, Santacruz (West)
- Effect of Digital Games on Human Brain
- Talk at Computer Society of India (CSI), Mumbai
- Identity Management in cyberspace
- Speaker at Institute of Behavioural Science, Gujarat Forensic Sciences University for the Cyber Psychology Seminar
- Protection of Children from Online Sexual Abuse
- Published in a Special Edition Booklet by National Crime Agency, UK and Rotary Club, Pune
- Innovation & Boundaries of Privacy: How rules & regulations are catching up?
- Panel of speakers on NASSCOM’s Data Security Councils of India for its Annual Information Security Summit
- Stress and Anxiety Management
- Effect of Digital Games on Human Brain
- Bullying in the Cyberspace – For teens & young adults
- Parenting equations - For parents & individuals
- Parenting in digital age – Strategies & Prevention
- Career guidance – Conventional & New Age careers
- Cyber etiquettes – For teens & young adults
- Anti-bullying campaigns (ABC) for various schools
– Short plays to communicate effects & actions against Cyber bullying & physical bullying